Touch Tournament

On the 1st of November Room 6,7 and 8 students were chosen to represent our school in the Touch Tournament.The day my teacher Mr Bell told us were playing touch everyone was excited and wanted to participate.Before our big tournament we kept practising our passes and intercepting,it was really hard work because we had to do it our whole break and the room 6 had to do their practising when the year 7 and 8’s were at tech and only 10 from each class could go.The day of the Touch Tournament the 10 people from each class came to school with some of there parents to support and some of the parents came to couch.To make sure everyone was in the teams Mr Bell told us some rules we needed to follow and had to make sure everyone was here.After Mr bell  out the roll and made sure everyone was here we headed down to the gate and made our way to Dunkirk park.

When we were done the field we saw a lot of schools such as Pt England,Glen Innes,Tamaki Primary and other schools that came late.Once we were on the field we set up our mat and put our bags and started our way on stretching and practising our passes.When it hit 9:30 or 20 that when the year 5 and 6’s girls game against Sylvia park school.We were cheering and shouting for our year 5 and 6’s girls because they were doing good.Then we went back to practise then it was our game againsted Glen Innes (i think so). I was so scared and happy at the same time to play because I was practising a lot so i really hoped me or one of my team mates scored a try or at least won.Once we picked our 6 people to on the field they got organised and went on the field.My team was doing very good and at the end we ended up winning.Our team was so happy and assumed we will win on our other game.

When it was around 11 or 10:30 we went to our 2 game which was against Tamaki Primary and again our team chose our 6 people to be on the field and our subs.When our team was all organised us subs was watching and cheering and through the end thats when we scored our first try and the others way ahead of us so had to catch up.When our time was over to play we head over to shake the opposite teams hand and congratulated them for winning.When we were finished we walked back to the mat and everybody were still playing their game so we decided to watch them and support.When it came to our last game which was against  Glenbrae. Glenbrae was so hard to beat because there always winning by us.I really hoped we won’t be tired on the field and at least win another game.

Our game against Glenbrae was one of the hardest game ive ever played because they scored more tries then us,they had 5 or 6 tries and we had 0.It was half time and i knew we were gonna lose,and we did.My team were upset but happy that we at least get to represent our school! So we were so excited that day because some people didn’t get to play in the Touch Tournament.After our last game we went back to our mat and watched the other teams then some of the parents took there kids with them and the rest had to walk to school to wait for their parents.I really enjoyed representing and playing for my school.